Thursday, May 2, 2013

Your Relentless FB Campaign has Finally Worked...My Core Beliefs in Flux

After being bombarded with so many well thought out and presented FB memes trying to sway me away from my core beliefs, it's finally come to pass.  I'm sure those who clicked "browse" and then "upload photo" and typed a snarky caption here and there will be quite pleased with their influence and impact. 

You see, once upon a time, I believed in the fundamental goodness of people, and in an imaginary system of self-discovery and redemption through the long journey toward a shared goal of fighting evil at all costs and trusting in plucky goodness to get you through.  Personal sacrifice was the cement that bonded friendships and made great achievements possible.

Then, real life happened.

So, now, as a result of all that wisdom floating about FB, I am pleased to announce I no longer believe as I once did.  I am embracing the cold hard realities that my belief in the fictional redemption of the quest is no more:  Han shot first and Bilbo cheated.  There.  Done.  Moving on.

What?  You thought this was about religion or politics?!?  I'm sure your mama told you not to discuss religion or politics in polite conversation.  :P

In other news...I crossed the 50 lbs of weight loss milestone this morning (for the second time in my life, btw, which is annoying on a certain level).  70 more to go.  Ugh.  My weight loss plan, you didn't ask?  The best gastric bypass of them all:  "No Thank You," and lots of to-go boxes. 

Toodles again.


No comments:

Post a Comment