Monday, May 13, 2013

Scatter Splatter

What do you get if you roll a hand grenade across a kitchen floor?*   (you're gonna hafta wait for a bit for that one... or scroll on down and then we'll join you in a minute)

My mind this morning won't make for great blogging, but should be a bit entertaining if I'm lucky and you're as twisted as I am.  *smirk*

Ever watch (from a safe distance) as a mischievous child drops a water balloon from a balcony onto a seated, dressed, scrunch-faced sourpuss of an adult?  You know those long moments as you casually watch time expand and you can't help but being wickedly amused at what will happen next, embarrassed for the sourpuss who will over-react, and sad for the kid who thought it would be funny? That would be an adequate metaphor for my thoughts this morning.



So, the Southern Chorale begins its epic tour in Hungary and Romania today.  These are the children who I know well enough to warn about things like solar flares and gypsy pick pockets.  That is Yoda, the world-traveling Jedi stuffed animal backpack.   As the Firstborn's friend (we'll call him The Tall One) related to me that his mom wasn't worried about the trip, per se, I shared what our family plan was for the unlikely event that solar flares wipe out all electrical devices while the group is overseas, and that they would have to walk across Europe and catch a working clipper ship to America.  I also mentioned that I would reward him as well as Han Solo if he brought her home safely....  *wink wink* *nudge nudge*

Of course, I'm using the ridiculous to convey a real hope that they look after each other a bit abroad as they do at home, making sure the other one is where they should be, doing what they should be, when they should be doing it at all times.  They are friends and they are good at that sort of thing, after being traveling companions now for about 13 years.

Me? Meanwhile, I'm quietly muttering to myself  "be the water balloon, be the water balloon", not the sourpuss at the bottom.

They will be fine, as always, and the Chorale will be magnificent, as always.  My thoughts will go with them everywhere, and in the meantime, lil' brother and I will turn our eyes toward MOBICON and finish the Dalek for this round of fun and I will NOT worry about things I cannot control.

So here's the answer to your punnishment for the day---     

 *Linoleum blown apart.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment