Saturday, May 25, 2013

Mirabile visu...A.K.A. You might not want to watch...


It is now finally SUMMER.  That glorious time of year when living in Narnia really pays off...I have long maintained that you can practically throw candy out of your window and make candy trees here, though I do realize that's not true, seeing as how I've yet to actually grow Big Boy tomatoes successfully (shaming the generations that came before me greatly, but I just can't quite get it together well enough somehow; the plants grow, but nothing ever comes of it...sigh...)

For his Birthday, he wanted watermelon.  You've never seen anything like it.  Even when he was 3 years old, and could barely speak and screamed most of the time as his only form of communication, he could eat watermelon by the plateful.  Plate after plate.  It's not natural.

So...happy summer.   There will be TOMATOES (YAY!) and watermelon and corn and cucumbers and squash and lots and lots of heppiness while we swim and ride horses and practice all the skills he will need in fourth grade.

Wish me luck!

Toodles,
me

*Mirabile visu is the snarky retort that the cows make after seeing the pigs eating their slop in our favorite Gregorian Chant CD EVAH... Grunt: Pigorian Chant by Sandra BoyntonIt is translated loosely as "what an astonishing sight"  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment