Tuesday, May 14, 2013

MCT's Actual, The Firstborn Aloft (STILL.....), and Dalek Slats from Hell

Kiddster #1 (Lil' Bro) is actually now headed off to the factory to be tested for his viability as a useful cog in the machine that is our state-run schools.  I have dutifully provided pigs-in-a-blanket for his class to snack on, and am hopeful that he will not wreck a classroom when he gets bored and feels trapped. 

The Firstborn is STILL traveling.  This cheap flights thing is sort of a mixed bag of yuck.  If she does it again, I think I'll book her flights myself and she can travel alone but for less time.  24 hours and counting and they are still flying and waiting and flying and waiting.  Just to get to Budapest.  They are beyond exhausted.

Dalek slats.

Do NOT get me started.

Trying to make something look nice when the angles involved are nasty and you have to shim every single piece you attach, but shim it ahead of time, then silicone it into place.  I HAVE to get this done today without fail.  I also need to balance checkbook, pay bills, and start cleaning the house before we leave Friday.  Ugh....

Not exactly woman's work, but it's all still got to get done. 

Godspeed to the Firstborn and Tall One.


1 comment:

  1. ARGHGHGHGHHHHHHHHHHHHH....

    Dalek slats

    Still, hours later, not doing it quite right and having to do it over and over and over again. I hate DALEKS! (not really)

    ReplyDelete