Wednesday, June 26, 2013

RideAbility First Lesson!


NOTE:  This post is picture heavy, not because I am an inconsiderate blogger, but because Google has taken my ability to just post a slideshow from Picasa away from me.  I personally find it offensive that Google is demanding that we upload ALL of our pictures to Google+ in order to use them, especially since I'd like to just write a blog post and have a slideshow with cool captions rather than photobomb my poor blog at the expense of my readers patience.  Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if I can tolerate the invasive nature of Google anymore...

So, on with our wonderful fun day at the barn with RideAbility and his hippotherapy... (an essay in pictures)


Yay! I'm at the barn! I'm bored! I'm restless!  I want to ride HORSES NOW!

Oh, thank heavens she gave him a job to do...
Talking through grooming and saddling
Rowdy says Hello

Rules and information time while waiting on his horse
Mounting Skip with lots of help
Stirrups and such
da Creature and his entourage...Safety at all times
Practice leading
Back at the Barn
What a wonderful experience this was.  At one point, he was throwing a ball back and forth from one of the men on the side of his horse to the other one while riding.  OT on stirrups!!!  They were so great with him.  I can't wait to see how this progresses.  He had a magnificent time.

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment