Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Appliances are Hell

Remember when appliances lasted into the two-digit amount of years?!?  
Wow, you're OLD.

Which makes me old and cranky.

Our hot water heater is 23 years old.  I know...I watch the pan for signs of trouble, but yet, there it is.  23 years old.  It probably deserves a medal or something.  The one I can replace it with, even if I spend the most money a person can spend on a hot water will still only last 7-10 years.

And do NOT get me started on dishwashers, or as I have come to understand them, those disposable expensive things that do not ever really work right, or for long...

So, I'm off to Home Depot to give them a chance to fail to install a dishwasher properly.

Meanwhile, I'm back to farm life and no dishwasher.

On a related note...my adolescence was punctuated by this moment of parental glory...

We had a brand new dishwasher in a box in my fathers' workshop for YEARS. One day, I asked him to please install the dishwasher and he responded "Why?  We HAVE a dishwasher."  He meant me, of course and isn't being an only child ever so much fun?  To wit, I responded "an ELECTRIC dishwasher!" His response?  "Okay, we'll wire you to the floor."

Typical shot of my Father's workshop...notably, that's not a dishwasher either...story of my life... (eyeroll)

No comments:

Post a Comment